Thursday 13 August 2009

Once again, it's been so long

Can't believe I've not posted here since November last year! Another marathon and another New Year later here I am again, training for Loch Ness which I am again running for the Scottish Veterans Residencies.

Edinburgh went ok, though nowhere near my best time - got roughly 4hrs 8mins on what was probably the hottest day of the year! Did manage to raise nearly £200 for Christian Aid, which was fantastic though, considering the marathon was run during exam time and I had very little time to do anything remotely related to fundraising! Passed the exams well though, and am now concentrating on doing a dissertation as I search for a job...what joys. Applying to do medically related jobs while I do my application for going back to actually study the subject next year...so it's all go, but enjoying getting the balance between work and play nonetheless......
........... It is summer after all!

So here's the monthly run down of running...and here's to a good summer before a good Loch Ness!

April 2009: ~130miles plus West Highland Way cycle (95miles) - fantastic but pretty damn hard!
May 2009: 148.97 miles plus Edinburgh Marathon
June 2009: 26.33miles (!!) plus lots of tennis, squash, gym and cycling
July 2009: 23.85 miles (these are the months of "rest"!) plus Great Glen Way cycle (75miles) plus gym and lots of swimming

...

No comments: