Friday 15 October 2010

Friday 15/10 - An update after lots of walking!











What a great way to start the post! Those were some of the photos from the Turbo X at Mudgock on 10th October...I am thinking of purchasing some of the copyrighted ones as they are so fantastic!

Have been on a wee trip this week on a few outings involving lots of walking! Did 13 miles of the Cateran Trail from Blairgowrie to Bridge of Cally and back. That was a lovely walk! I must say both of our legs were a bit sore afterwards! Not really muscle pain but more strain at the back of the knee. Also did the King's view walk up to a really nice viewpoint near Birnam, that was a good walk. Did another walk round about Birnam (about 5/6 miles) and then a walk along the river Ericht.

All in all an adventurous few days and I must say I'm looking forward to letting my legs (especially my knee) heal before getting back into the training towards the end of the year. I don't have extensive plans for 2011 (yet!) but definitely planning to do the Devil in August, Loch Ness in October and (hopefully) the Salomon Turbo X in October.

As for Edinburgh marathon, I'm swithering over whether to do it or not. I have grown a bit tired of the course and my times are not getting any better. I also am really tempted by the Fling...and I am hoping to be able to combine my honeymoon in June with a race abroad somewhere.

So not many solid plans as yet! But as for the rest of this year I want to rest, cross train and get a few good wintery runs on WHW. Will hopefully take some days off work in November/December for that.

1 comment:

Mark said...

I took some photos at Mugdock - think I got you near the start looking very relaxed. Hope you can access then through my blog. Hope you have recovered - I ran it last year so I know how tough it is.