Wednesday 5 May 2010

5/5 - Midweek steady

Time: ~1hr
Distance: 6.9miles
Pace: ~8.40min/mile

A good after-work run through the woods and onto the path at the back of the training ground. I really like that path, it's fun to run along and really peaceful, despite being in the middle of 2 main roads. I really like the cows too! The reason I don't know my timing is that I stopped at one point to try and feed some cows which did take quite a while, though I don't really know how long.

Eating pasta or rice at lunch makes a big difference to how well I run after work, I'm sure of it. Don't get me wrong, getting up at 6.30am and sitting at a desk all day then running at 6pm is tiring, and I do sometimes worry how tired I'll be on the run. However, I notice that I have lots more energy if I eat well at lunch, especially towards the end of the run. Interesting...

Found some photos online of my dad and I from the half a few weeks ago:



I personally really like the one I have included in my layout (:

1 comment:

Silke said...

Hi there, thanks for leaving your comment on my blog! Me giving advice on ultra-running! That would be a first!! But I'll try.

I was VERY nervous before the start, but once I was on the way it was o.k. I think my advice would be, just enter an ultra. Don't think about it, just put in your application and then continue your running. Depending on the length you will need one longer run. My longest was 30M for the Fling. I had done the Devil last year as my 1st, also with the longest run of 30M (4 weeks before) and a marathon in May. My weekly mileage is not high at all (30-40max) and I am not fast, but it is all about enjoyment, being out on the trails not the time for me.
Looking at your blog and runs you would have probably been o.k. with the Fling, especially if you had run with a friend. Next year!
Maybe I'll see you at the Devil. Fingers crossed you'll get in. That's a great 1st ultra. I'm looking forward to it already!

Silke