Friday 21 May 2010

Friday 21/5 - An update

Long time no post, I know. I have been exceptionally busy with studying, work and training. I have also come down with a bit of a cold which is annoying considering I have 2 days to recover before Sunday. Add to that, my heel has been hurting quite persistantly so I have really cut back on the runs until Sunday.

On the plus side, I have managed to raise a good amount for SVR this year...though my sponsorship form is in work somewhere so I don't really know exactly how much I've raised. I have today off to try and recover, though woke up this morning worrying about work which saw me awake at 7.10am being unable to get back to sleep despite my best efforts. At the end of the day though, whatever is happening at work really shouldn't have me waking up early worried on a day off, it's not that big a part of my life.

Ok, self healing...this is good.

Today I plan to relax and try to recover. If I feel up to it I may try for a gentle cross train at the gym later, just to ensure I keep up to speed with my fitness.

Here's the last few week's runs.

Tuesday 18/5


Time: 40mins
Distance: ~4.5miles

Heel was sore so went a gentle run around mugdock off road after work. Lovely and sunny!

Saturday 15/5 - Run to Beech Tree

Time: 1hr25mins
Distance: 9.35miles
Pace: 9.05min/mile

My traditional "penultimate long run before marathon" route...I ran round the estate here and then headed out along the WHW to the Beech Tree. Was a good day and the route wasn't too busy which was nice, though it was a bit overcast.

Friday 14/5

Type: Staircase (a new term!)
Time: 35mins
Distance: 3.85miles

I rejoined the gym as I was off today, so took the chance of being on the treadmill to do some speed sessions.

I jogged for 1k, 1k @ 5.30min/km, 1k@5.05min/km, 1k@4.35min/km + 1min @ 4min/km, all with quick jog recoveries then 1k cool down.

Was a really good session.

Tuesday 11/5

Time: 43mins
Distance: 5.4miles

Not sure what pace I ran this at, as it was a negative split. I did finish really strongly...I think it was the rice I had for lunch!!

No comments: