Wednesday 14 July 2010

Wednesday 14/7

Well, an update is in order I feel. My foot has been sore for days. It doesn't stop me walking on it, but it is sore with trainers on and not good for running at all. In fact, I can't run right now.

I don't know whether my wee toe is fractured or just badly bruised, but on the plus side it has been better today and hopefully is just getting better. I will swim tomorrow morning and haven't run on it at all, so should be ok for my long run on Friday.

I am kind of nervous about this run...I'm aiming for 30-35 miles and it'll be the longest I've been on my feet for one stretch (without a bike!). Luckily my friend has agreed to meet me at the end and run/hike the last bit with me which is great of him! I also got my innov8 pro running bumbag today which looks awesome! I just hope it doesn't bounce around too much...guess whatever it does it will be a big improvement from me stuffing my juice into the waistband of my running shorts (:

So a relaxing week this week with the injury, but have done one good hard cross-training sesh.

Monday 12/7

Type: Cross trainer + row
Time: 40mins + 15mins
Distance: 6k + ?

Did 5 min fast warm up then increase in resistance and incline until really really tough...then back down to the fast 5 min again. Called the "Gluteal" work out =O 15mins tough row too.

Sunday 11/7

Type: Cycle
Time: 1h 30mins (including stop to eat lunch)
Distance: 12.6miles

A nice easy cylce with Derek to keep my legs loose. Cycled up to a nice viewpoint and ate a sandwich but it started to get really windy so we headed back.

1 comment:

John Kynaston said...

Hope your toe is okay on the run.

Re your bumbag ... make sure all the straps are nice and tight. There's nothing worse than a bumbag that bounces around on your waist!