Saturday 12 December 2009

Saturday 12/12

Time: 1hr 5mins
Distance: 7.8miles
Pace: 8.25min/mile

Got up fairly early this morning (I'm in my 6am start routine now!) and did some bits and bobs before heading out. It's so misty and xmassy, I love it. Ran round the waterworks and along part of WHW, it was really nice. Also think I started off a bit slower but sped up towards the end. My little bowl of porridge was fairly insubstantial though - was starving by the time I got home!

Was thinking about some plans for next year while I was out running...incl. my running plans. More to come later...

Thursday 10/12

Time: 37mins
Distance: 4.56miles
Pace: 8.10min/mile

Despite doing this after coming in from work had quite a lot of energy, I think it's the bowl of wheetos I ate before I ran! There must be an experiment in there somewhere...

Tuesday 8/10

Distance: 3.70miles
Pace: 8.25min/mile

Yet again another great late night run. I'm wearing this flourescent vest out on the misty nights - it's really cool! A bit too big though, it kind of flaps around. Hopefully this helps the cars see me.
Here's the Nike+ output for the run just before the battery in my ipod died:


I thought the shape is rather amusing!

Sunday 6/12

Time: 1hr 12mins
Distance: 8.42miles
Pace: 8.40min/mile

Did a little lap of the estate and then ran out along the WHW to the Beech Tree. Was a really nice day for a run - not too cold and not raining, though there was a little downpour just before I got to the muddy part, and boy - was the muddy part bad! I had to leap over quite a few mud divets (silently laughing as I remnisced about the times both Derek and my cycling friend have gone over their handlebars!). Got to the Beech Tree feeling good though and will hopeully attempt conic hill at some point during the festive period.

Friday 4/12

Time: 34 mins 30 secs
Distance: 4.22miles
Pace: 8.10min/mile

Was meeting up with my MSc class for some dinner tonight and got away from work fairly sharp today so managed to get out while it wasn't too dark.

I had a cold for the start of this week, from about Monday 1st - Thursday so was itching to get out today. Throat was still a little dry while out though and could feel a slight cough coming on.

No comments: