Sunday 27 December 2009

Sunday 27/12 - First post xmas run

Time: 22mins
Distance: 2.8miles

Phew, this was a pretty hard run. Running in the snow is not something which requires minimal effort! I was really tired this morning, despite having a great lazy Boxing Day yesterday, but I got up and went out a run in the woods behind the house. Man it was tough! I thought it was maybe my stamina or something but pushing off the ground on slushy bark is really not the funnest thing to do. I also got a hair in my contact lens halfway through my run so had to stop for ages taking the lens out and then putting it back in. I contemplated washing it on the snow (for about a millisecond) but then was deterred by the dubious looking yellow snow further along the path. Beautiful.

As well, I'm not sure if this is a common complaint at this time of year but I seem to have lost my enthusiasm a little bit. I would love to have gone out on whw to balmaha or something, but see the thought of doing it myself, it puts me off 100%...and the thought of actually being out in the cold for hours at a time is putting me off doing my long runs.

I feel I've had a pretty good year, running wise. I also have nice plans for next year, but maybe I need a little bit of time off to re-jeuvenate, I don't know. The 2 weeks I had off affter Loch Ness I feel did me the world of good, but maybe in the winter months it's better to take more time off before training for a spring marathon. I don't want to push and push and then end up being put off running all-together.

We'll see.

Anyway, other runs this week were few but good. I was at the Frightened Rabbit gig on Tuesday night and a work lunch. Also was busy on Wed night as I got some bad news and didn't really feel like running. The runs I did do are:

Thursday 24/12

Distance: 4.5miles
Time: ~35mins

On this run I learned that walking shoes, though they may have more grip, are NOT very good at cushioning your foot on the tarmac! My godness my feet hurt afterwards! Also was very hilly on this run so my legs were quite tight afterwards.

Monday 21/12

Distance: 4.5miles
Pace: ~8.15min/mile

This run included a big downhill which is normally fun but was perfectly terrifying in the snow!

No comments: