Saturday 2 January 2010

Saturday 2/1/10 - a WALK (for a change)

I never used to be one of those people who enjoy walking for hours at a time. In fact, I thought they were crazy. How could you enjoy WALKING (walking?!) when you could be running, or jogging ay least. But, I think maybe I am getting older and wiser. Walking actually isn't so bad.

Today Derek and I went a walk along the path from Stockiemuir Road (at the Kilearn turn-ofF) towards Dumbarton. It was very cold and my heels are in tatters after breaking in the ol' Cat boots I haven't worn in years but I thoroughly enjoyed it. We walked about 4 miles I'd say, quite slowly but still I felt good after having not run at all for about a week. I can see now why people do that, just take to the paths and walk for hours. Took a nice photo with my phone but, not being a tech whizz, I can't really get it onto the computer. It is nice though (:

I cycled on Monday 28/12 about 9/10 miles with my cycling buddy. The paths at Mugdock were pretty appalling, and we did have to push our bikes up most of the hills for fear of sliding right back down them. It was also quite fun to slide down hills holding onto the bike for dear life!

I have been in Inverness from 28th of December to 1st January, and it has been fanastic weather! It snowed 90% of the time I was there and was building up and up. Went a walk on the deep snow on Hogmany, which was a good laugh, especially watching all the cars failing to get up the snowy roads! La piece de la resistence was the 11+ foot snowman which Derek and his brother built.



A budding success if ever I saw one!

No comments: