Tuesday 26 January 2010

Tuesday 26/1

Time: 33mins 30 secs
Distance: 4.35miles
Pace: somewhere in the region of 7.50min/mile - 8.15 min/mile

A great, energetic run tonight before dinner. I have a lot of stuff going on in my head right now and it's nice to be able to get out and just forget some stuff for a while. I am in AWE of how a simple 30 min run can completely destress me. Only time it stresses me out is if I'm rushing to do something afterwards!

The run itself didn't give the correct distance on my Nike+ and it said I was doing 8.20min/mile. I mapped the run out on mapmyrun though, and it was longer and faster than the Nike+ said. Apparently I ran at 7.50 pace, but I really don't think I did. Having said that, I'm not sure that I have a very realistic view of just how fast/slow I run each time I go out. To me, less than 8 min/mile seems like a pretty fast pace, but several times now I've used mapmyrun to get my pace, and it has came up with a speed <8m/m. Maybe I am, in fact running faster than I think!

On a completely unrelated note my cat has been a lot friendlier these days, it even lay with me in bed (under the covers) the other day which it never used to do. Maybe it is gettnig older and wiser, oh how sweet I thought. Then I remembered this picture and suddenly it clicked that I'm generally the only one who feeds him these days...

No comments: