Sunday 24 January 2010

Sunday 24/1

Time: 41mins
Distance: 5.10miles
Pace: ~8.20min/mile

Had been telling myself I would go out a run all day, and when it came to 1.30pm and I was still doing work I decided enough was enough. Granted, this wasn't the longest run in the book but I'm not training for anything (yet) so I figured "what the hey" and just went anywhere I felt like.

Was good, and being quite hyped up afterwards I consequently washed my new car =O Thinking back the only two times I washed my old car was 1) A few weeks after I got it and 2) the day before I sold it. Luckily I have my fairly on the ball father, who enjoys making the cars in the driveway sparkle, and my happy-to-help (after you ask two or three/seven or eight times) fiancee. Although, to be fair, using an abrasive sponge on the car maybe isn't the wisest thing...despite the "it was only for the tyres!"

Something I have noticed recently is something that hasd been increasingly annoying, and I don't know if it's just me or if others notice it. Whe I'm running on the roads I really feel that I'm taking in a lot of exhaust fumes when I'm breathing through my mouth. It's pretty horrible, not least because when I did some work experience in thoracic surgery and saw the lungs of a (non-smoker) Glasweigian there were BIG black marks all over the place. Carbon deposits, apparently, and nothing to worry about but still. No wonder people up North in the countryside tend to have longer life expectancies. Has anyone else epxerienced this? Please do tell if there's any way around breathing in these horrible fumes! A buff, maybe?

Friday 22/1

Distance: 4.2 miles
Pace: ~8.25min/mile

After having put off a run mid-week I decided that I should redeem myself. Quite a hilly run, where I did try to keep the pace so I do think this was a fairly even reflection of my pace throughout.

No comments: