Wednesday 13 January 2010

Wednesday 13/1 - A Day Off

Well, another day off being off work due to a burst water main. Didn't get up to too much as had to be near the emails all day waiting for updates. It was maybe just as well though, as I'm starting to feel a bit of a cold coming on. My throat was acheing after my run yesterday and I'd a sore stomach last night, so today I just relaxed, watched some rubbish daytime tv (a nice thing to do once in a while!!) and did some bits n bobs around the house.

Don't really have any more running plans for the weekend or for the end of the week, just going to see how tings go.

Tuesday 12/1

Distance: 4.5miles
Pace: ~8.30min/mile

A very uphill run today. Went out early in the afternoon as ended up having the day off work. The pavements were still quite slippy so had to be careful descending back down, but ran on the roads the best I could. I really don't like doing that, but really didn't have much other option. It's very unsafe. I saw 2 guys out running the other day, running 2 abreast on a main road. It was really silly, in my opinion, as it was dark and between them were taking up half of one lane of the dual carriageway. I draw the line at running on the road on busy roads!

Sunday 10/1 - run with Dad and Derek

Distance: ~4.7miles
Pace: ~9.45min/mile

Went through the woods today, which was still really slippery. Hit a big icey downhill which we had to slide down on our bums! It's strange how you can run as fast as at some points on the ice and feel incredibly safe, but then you suddenly lose your footing and just KNOW you're going to slide. Had to stop a few times but went quite slowly and kept it easy anyway. I pushed ahead towards the end and felt quite good afterwards.

Prior to this, had done 2 previous runs this week of about 4-5 miles. I don't really feel like going out in the cold weather, and am really tired for some reason. Probably the weather, who knows.

1 comment:

John Kynaston said...

Hi Christine

I gather you met Jo today at the Southern General! Having a different surname can be an advantage!

Hope it enjoyed it. Jo said it was really helpful.

John