Tuesday 5 January 2010

Tuesday 5/1

Time: who knows
Distance: maybe 4 miles?
Pace: ~9.45min/mile...ish

Back to the grind today. Up at the crack of dawn and out in the snow to work. My car is in getting repaired but luckily enough I was able to nab a lift in to work, otherwise public transport would have been a nightmare. When I got home, realising my car wouldn't be ready till tomorrow, I felt tired and really debated going a run. In the end I thought "What the hey", though, and my dad joined me.

I didn't time this run or try to keep any fast pace, I ran at my dad's most comfortable pace. I must say I did find myself pushing ahead quite a lot but I always waited for him. The pavements weren't too slippy and in the end this was a good run. I'm glad I didn't time or measure it. Because my running "mojo" has gone recently I quite like the idea of just heading out without music or a timer and doing whatever I feel like. Obviously as prep for the marathon in May I will be doing some more organised runs, but until then I might just take things as they are. We'll see.

One thing is that I definitely need new shoes. Mine have seen over 1000 miles; 3 marathons and 3 halfs, plus all the training. They've held up well. Despite this, the acheing in my body I really can't see as being attributed to the trainers (snce I've not run in weeks, that's a dead give-away!). My back aches between my shoulder blades, almost as if I've been punched and it's bruised. My legs, too, hurt along my quads despite them having been practically unused in weeks. If anyone has any great insight into this, please let me know! I'm beginning to think it's the position I sleep in. I lie on my stomach with my hands above my head underneath my pillow and my legs stretched right out. When I step out of bed each morning I feel as though I've run a marathon...argh! What will it be like when I really DO run a marathon next?!?

The human body eh? Wonders never cease...

No comments: