Tuesday 19 January 2010

Tuesday 19/1 - Getting back into the swing of things!

Time: 30mins
Distance: 3.7 miles
Pace: ~ 8 min/mile (slower 8.15 on hills)

Ok, so my upper body is still aching from the squash game on Saturday. I can't believe it! It's been so long since I actually did any upper body work, the fairly intensive game is actually taking its toll. In addition, my bum still hurts so much! I must've really been working the old glutes the other day! This run was done after I got home from work and I was surprised as I actually felt I had loads of energy. I kept up a good pace on the flats and went a little bit slower on the hills.

I feel my training is getting back on track now. I obviously don't want to get TOO into the training just yet - in the past I have found that when I start training for a marathon too early I sort of burn out towards the end and just can't bring myself to repeat 17 mile after 17 mile run in the intermediate stage between <15 mile runs and >20 mile ones.

So I guess I'll just continue heading out "fun runs" and leisurely cycles....at least until my bum heals ;D

Sunday 17/1

Distance: ~4.7 miles
Pace: ~8.45 min/mile

Just wanted to get out after deciding to play squash instead yesterday. The sun was shining in the sky and it was gorgeous! I'm glad all the ice has melted from the pavement as it's a LOT easier to run on now.

Saturday 16/1

Played a game of squash today for the first time in ages. It was good! Forgot how much I love darting around (: Was quite intensive but we played for over an hour and burned out towards the end. I could also feel my wrist hurting while playing - that's an issue I always have while playing racket sports - how to hold the racket properly!? I hold it right at the tip, whilst pointing my finger up towards the top of the racket (if anybody can actually visualise that!). I think this pulls on the muscle on top of my elbow and makes it pretty sore to the touch afterwards. Ah well. Like Derek keeps saying "no pain, no gain". I think I will start calling him Yoda. ^_^

No comments: