Tuesday 2 February 2010

Monday 1/2 - Run with Dad

Time: ~33mins
Distance: ~3.15miles
Pace: 10min/mile

Wasn't planning on running tonight but my dad is just back a cruise and insists that since he's put on a stone in weight, he needs to get running again. My legs were actually a little sore after the run then walk yesterday (guess we did go further than I thought!) but I felt like getting out after sitting in work all day so we went out. Had a good chat and ran through a pitch black pathway which was something I wouldn't do if I was by myself!

Felt tired at the end of this run but that must've been something to do with a - the 6pm run straight after work without eating first and b - the tired legs from yesterday. So decided I will take tonight (Tuesday) off. Something I did notice is that I'm SO hungry today! I ate a bowl of soup and bread along with a yoghurt for lunch and snacked heathily throughout the day and was starving by the time I got in! It's really weird how quickly my appetite builds up once I get back into the training. Kinda like having an excuse to eat loads =D

Something I also did all last week is check my resting heart rate while I was sitting at my desk. Here are the results:

Monday: 74 bpm
Tuesday: 74 bpm
Wednesday: -
Thursday: 73 bpm
Friday: 68 bpm

I did take Friday's twice and so it definitely wasn't a fluke. I remember when I was in heavy training my rhr was actually pretty low, so hopefully that's it going back down. Incidentally today (Tuesday) it was around 69/70. Crazy...


Sunday 31/1 - the afternoon

So I was debating what to do yesterday after my run, Derek and I ended up going to Drymen and walking on the WHW. Walked from Drymen to Conic Hill then back, which turned out to be a nice wee jaunt. Kept a brisk pace and it was great just being able to chat about stuff without any interuptions like tv or studying etc. Saw a few runners - will definitely be heading back out there on training runs this year. Think I will sit down and plan them in advance so that I actually do stick to them.

No comments: