Sunday 7 February 2010

Saturday 6/2 - Run in Inverness

Time: ~ 1hr 5 mins
Distance: 7 miles
Pace: ~9.15min/mile

This run was in Inverness with Derek out at Nairnside. It's a beautiful part of the countryside and I always love running there!! It is quite tough, as it is a rather big uphill to begin with, followed by a quick downhill then level. We went out and back (D on bike), so the big downhill at the end was much appreciated.

I think we went pretty slowly up the hill to begin with - roughly 9.45min/mile pacing. And on the flats and downhill it must've increased to about 8.30min/mile I'd say. Overall a good run.


Anyways, I feel quite good that I've done 3 fairly good longer runs (for the level of training I'm at!!) in the space of a week. I'm just building it up slowly, a little bit at a time. Played about an hour and a half of tennis yesterday which was some feat for me - I was actually doing quite well overall! Was hitting the balls in the right direction (always a positive), lobbing them with rather a lot of strength (that's how they win something called an "ace", apparently...) and I was putting a spin on the ball too! (rather good as when the ball approaches the other player and hits the ground it sort of rebounds and bounces away from them rather than continuing in it's current trajectory!)

Sorry if people are familiar with these tennis terms but I didn't know much about tennis up until now! Hopefully I'll get to play some more. I want to include a day of cross training in my schedule. Since I am no longer a member of the gym and wouldn't really cycle at anytime other than weekends (when I'd normally be doing my long runs), I think squash or tennis is the way forward. But I'll need to mull that one over, I think...

No comments: