Saturday 27 February 2010

Friday 26/2 - a "non-so-long" long run

Time: 1hr 7 mins
Distance: ~8 miles
Pace: ~8.30min/mile

Got up early and headed out this run before work on Friday morning. Wasn't a very nice day - sleet galore! I also met another runner coming out the street one up from mine who crossed the road and sprinted ahead of me. He stayed in front of me for about a mile but never got any further ahead...is it just me who gets a little "freaked" by this?? I don't want to sound competitive, because when running I'm really not. But I'm not keen on people who move ahead of you kind of purposely and then don't actually get ahead any further...it's obvious we were running at about the same pace! I think it's a man thing - women just smile at you and get on with it!!

Anyway, run was uneventful - very wet. I didn't have enough time to really do a long run so I was quite pleased with this 8 miler. I had also been feeling a little sluggish over the past few days and decided that this week can just be an easy week. Might cycle this weekend - will see how I feel!

Oh, and la piece de la resistence - got new running shoes!! More brooks, 2/3 models up from my ones. They're so nice and shiney!!! I took pics of them compared to my old shoes (which are wrecked in comparison), which I will post as soon as I figure out how to get them from my phone to the computer (!) I spent a good hour in Achilles Heel trying on different types. The guy says because my foot tilts inward I should have more arch support...so he brought out these Brooks shoes which looked like fashion shoes! I couldn't believe it! they were really comfy but I think I'd get a slagging from my dad if I wore them, as they do look like cat-walk style shoes. So I tried on about 5 more pairs, hummed and hawed, and ended up going with the first pair I'd tried on...which were essentially the same as my old ones...

Don't be afraid of change, they say!!


Tuesday 23/2

Distance: ~4.5 miles
Pace: ~8.30min/mile

Wasn't feeling up to this run but decided to go out anyway - bad move! Did a "hill" run, i.e. 2 big hills which I tried to keep the same pace on. When I got back I felt really bad. Ended up lying on the sofa for the rest of the evening with a chinese meal!!

Not sure, maybe it was a cold or something, but I didn't end up running for the next few days.

No comments: