Tuesday 2 March 2010

Monday 1/3 - hill sprints

Time: ~50mins
Distance: 4.8miles

With a hop and a skip I was out tonight...after deciding to just bite the bullet and do my hill sprints.

Ran warm up for 1.85miles then did 9 x 25sec hill sprints with jog recoveries. Then ran about 1.4miles cool down and did another hill sprint for about 1 min. It was tough and to be honest I really couldn't make it to the 30second mark any of the first 9 times! Maybe it's because I was doing it on the tough pavement or something, but I found it incredibly mentally challenging to keep going for the whole time. Was pleased when my legs hurt a little today though.

Oh, but I did hurt the top of my foot just onto my shin. Think my shoes are completely worn out. I tried to wear my new shoes but I just don't want to wreck them, I know that sounds awful. Will just have to bite the buller next time I go out I reckon.

Sunday 28/2

Time: ~35mins
Distane: 4.5miles
Pace: 8.40min/mile

After a days rest yesterday I was feeling good so headed out onto some hills for this run. I really like running hills - feels like a real challenge now. Not sure that incorporating too many of them into my Edinburgh Marathon training would be good though. We'll see.

No comments: