Thursday 25 March 2010

Thursday 25/3 - Long Run on a Thursday??

Time: 2hrs 30mins
Distance: 16.15miles
Pace: ~9.20min/mile

Having had a half day from work today and being off until Tuesday (!!!) I decided to take full advantage of the holiday and kick it off with a nice long run. I only realised this morning that the marathon is a week earlier than I thought!! So I aimed to do around 15miles today. Pleasantly surprised myself too.

Ran around Milngavie for about 3.5miles, then headed onto the WHW towards Drymen. It was a pissy day, annoyingly. It started to rain at the Beech Tree and was pretty solid therein. Also, at one of the crossings with the stiles there were loads of cows in the way! I was so scared because they were all moo-ing and stuff, I ended up breaking off a large branch and shooing them....then bolting across the pathway. I didn't even risk stopping to open the fence, haha. I just squeezed through a tiny hole in the side....and got a horrible feeling a minute later that a cow may have done the same thing and followed me =|

Oh the joys. Was a lot further to Drymen than I remember from the Beech Tree, I must say. My new shoes were hurting my feet quite badly, and I was struggling on the hills approaching Drymen, despite my muscles feeling fine. Consequently, my pacing was a little out. I think I did those sections at more of a 10min/mile pace.

Anywho...off to kick start my holiday with a HUGE dinner =D Seems strange to not have to be running this weekend, too. Hopefully I will have time to cycle or walk a hill now.

Tuesday 23/3

Distance: 5.10miles
Pace: ~8.45min/mile

Have been incredibly tired this week, and legs were still tight from the run+hill climb last weekend, so kept it easy on this run. Did include a few hills, for kicks and giggles.

No comments: