Wednesday 17 March 2010

Wednesday 17/3

Time: 34mins
Distance: 4.05miles
Pace: All over the place

Braved the new shoes tonight and went a run in them. They definitely hurt my feet, and they slip up at the back of my right heel. The guy in Achilles Heel told me to tie my laces really tightly, so I did. But man, my foot went numb! Both my feet did! and the shoe was still slipping on the right foot. It's really annoying. I wonder what to do about it.

Last Saturday, I took my shoes back to Achilles Heel. The guy looked at the way I walk and said that is the problem, not my shoes. To be honest, now I'm thinking he was fobbing me off...because I ended up getting a physio appointment which is this Saturday and the shoes are still hurting me. I fail to see how having run the way I have for all these years without problems, that the minute I buy new shoes I get problems,...and it's my fault? Suspicious.

I'm still debating whether to pay £30 for the physio appointment or try to get one at Milngavie Health Centre. Will wait and see on that one...I'm not one who tolerates wasting money!!


Tuesday 16/3

Time: 55mins
Distance: ~6.4 miles


Did a 1.85mile jog to warm up, then 8 x 30 sec hill sprints...then 2 quite pathetic ones! Met my dad on my jog back and went with him on his route for a little while but he wanted to keep going, so I turned back. Tried to run quite fast up the final hill and quite enjoyed it....Mumford and Son's "Little Lion Man" blasting in my headphones.

What a great run!! And my dad went on to do a 9.5miler which has seriously boosted his confidence. I'm very proud of him!

Sunday 14/3 - run with Dad and Derek

Time: 55 mins
Distance: ~5.5miles
Pace: ~10min/mile

Went out with Dad and Derek a wee run round the woods. Was really nice, and we were all feeling quite strong. I'm glad I waited to run with my dad...even though I was complaining about wanting to run in the sun earlier on in the day!

No comments: