Monday 29 March 2010

Monday 29/3

Distance: 4.75miles
Pace: 1.85mile jog then 9x30sec hill sprints with jog recovery plus 1mile jog

Good, strong hs session today. Went out during the afternoon since I was off and was quite surpirsed at how busy my hilly road is! It kind of does spur you on though, because you don't want to look like a wimp who can't atually make it up the hill by standing at the foot of it for too long!

I hear hill sprints are great for building endurance and I feel they really helped me during the prep for my last few marathons...but I wonder if I'm gettin any use out of doing the same reps every 2 weeks, or if I should try the 1 min sprints again on a different hill. They were so tough and I know I didn't run as fast during them...maybe going a little slower but for longer is better...I just don't know!!

In other news my sponsorship page is now up and running! Check it out at:
http://www.justgiving.com/xtine-runs-edinburgh

Saturday 27/3

Time: 31mins
Distance: 3.5miles
Pace: 8.40min/mile

Just a quick easy one. Didn't want my heel to flare up again liek it did after the long run on Thursday, so kept it fairly short. I also am quite proud of the fact that I managed to get out during one of the only 35 minute periods when it wasn't raining!!

No comments: