Thursday 4 March 2010

Wednesday 3/3 - A Twilight Run

Distance: 6miles
Pace: ~8.30min/mile (4m@8.40m/m, 2m@8.15m/m)
Time: 50mins

Had sort of psyched myself up for this run, so by the time I shot off from work (and I mean SHOT out of there at 4.01pm) I was raring to go. Had some cereal when I got in and sat on the bed to let it digest (I'm very tired these days)...I almost lay down but I thought that if I lay down, I'd just go to sleep and there would be no running for me.

Headed out just as it was getting dark in my new shoes. The sun was setting and it was really, really nice. Now, my new shoes are goregous. Finally got around to uploading my phone photos:


ooooohhh



aaahhhh....

Yes, they are nice. But you know what I didn't realise until about 3 miles into the (muddy) run? They slip up and down at the heel of my right foot =| Is this ok? I don't know. I vaguely remember my (now old) shoes doing it when they were new (on their first run which was incidentally on the same path as tonight)...but idk. I will have to keep an eye on the situation, as it's too late to return them now. I guess walking around the house to wear them in isn't at all like running in them!

In other news here's a photo last time I was on WHW early on saturday morning:



Nice, isn't it? The loch was frozen solid and all glittery (: Oh, and while we're on the photo story here's a funny one which I looked up from my book to the other night:



Honestly, my cat thinks he is a man. It's unbelievable! Not to mention undignified!

Oh! and whilst I remember...did anybody see Kelvinbridge subway station when it had the paintings all over the walls? (Not sure if it still does!)



Stunning, huh?

No comments: