Friday 12 March 2010

Friday 12/3 - A long run in old shoes

Time: 1hr 52mins
Distance: 12.45 miles
Pace: ~9 min/mile

Whaw, I impressed myself this morning! Having the day off work to do my dissertation and debating whether to get up or not, I lay until just after 7 then got up, put some cream on the cat's wound (poor thing), had a banana (& a little cereal), and headed onto WHW.

Wasn't really too sure where I was going to go...so just let the wind (or sun, rather - glorious day!!) carry me. Went up the Khyber Pass and towards Mugdock. Got strangely attracted to the fields towards Strathblane...so just climbed a fence and went! I wasn't really very sure where the path would take me....because there wasn't really one! I ended up doing a bit of a loop round a loch then onto another field where I found myself surrounded by deer!! It was pretty unreal.


The deer in question...



and the view from the field.

All in all this was a great run, and I had no hassle with my old shoes. Of course I can feel wee aches and pains here and there, but nothing like the pain I'm feeling with the new ones - they definitely need to go back. I'm also incredibly proud I ran almost a half marathon without eating breakfast or drinking water enroute =D I think you feel fresher when you're not bogged down with waterbottles and the like.

Oh! And as promised, Spiderman from last Friday's run... oooh and an ahh!

No comments: