Saturday 13 February 2010

Saturday 13/2

Distance: 3.9miles
Pace: ~8.40min/mile

Today's run was a really gentle, go-as-far-as-I-feel-like run. My legs were a little bit tight from yesterday's run, even though they feel ok when I'm walking. I also didn't have a lot of time so just went slowly through the woods and up and down some nice hills.

The house was a little bit chaotic getting things ready for tonight's par-tay so I stayed out this morning doing errands in the village. Got the bus out to pick up my car which was in getting fixed. I really miss getting the bus! Used to get it almost every day and I loved it. It's so nice not having to worry about traffic and petrol consumption (like I do a lot!). Going to do some work now before getting ready for tonight. I'm already feeling knackered...this will be interesting... =D

Friday 12/2

Time: 1hr 15mins (ish)
Distance: 9.1miles
Pace: ~8.40min/mile

Since we will be having a Valetine's/engagement party at our house on Saturday night and I was likely to NOT want to run after it on Sunday, I figured I would do my long run on Friday morning and just go in to work a bit later.

What a good idea! Got up at usual time, about 6.30am and had a quick breakfast, then headed out by 7.20am. I ran through the woods then on west highland way, out to the Khyber pass and up round Mugdock village. I love that route, though the elevation at the beginning leaves little to the imagination (it practically bends back on itself).
Here is the hell-ish hill to which I refer:


(n.b. the seriousness of the incline - highlighted bright red!!)

Anyway, besides the big hill (about which I have probably written far too much) the run was great. The sun was pretty strong and was beaming, it really was beautiful running on that road surrounded by countryside. Plus being in work by 9.45am knowing you've run over 9 miles and can rightfully eat whatever you want for the rest of the day is a great feeling too!

No comments: