Sunday 21 February 2010

Sunday 21/2 - a little jaunt through the woods

Time: 41mins
Distance: 4.8 miles
Pace: 8.30min/mile

After studying for most of the morning and early into the afternoon I decided to head out a little run into the woods to Bearsden and back. My legs weren't sore after yesterday's run, and I'm thinking what I will actually have to do to make my legs feel as though I've worked them!!? The sorest they have been (in order of my cringing whilst doing things such as sitting down & going downstairs) are:

1. After my first (Edinburgh) marathon in 2007
2. After the Loch Ness marathon in 2009 when I REALLY pushed it
3. After one of my 23mile training runs for the first marathon
(Now they are starting to merge into one giant pain-fest)
4. After the (stupidly timed) run I did 5 days after the first marathon...though that was probably residual from point 1.
5. The day after those hill sprints I did when I got caught up in the running group at Kelvingrove Park

My legs weren't even that sore after the Balmaha-home run I did in 2008 with my cycling buddy. Maybe I have trained better or my muscles have resigned themselves to living with pain or something, idk. Any advice would be appreciated!

But anyway, today's run was great. It's SUCH beautiful weather, I love it. I just kept going as far as I wanted to. Only problem was that I was wearing old 3/4 length running trews and they have gone pretty much see-through =/ I had to wrap a high-viz vest around my backside to hide the flowery pants I had on which were perfectly visible through the trousers. And of course, when I run, nothing stays put. I mean that in the most outerly-layer-way possible. I mean that if I tie something round my waist, or tuck something into my trousers, it ALWAYS pops back out of place. So the vest kept riding up. I'm sure walkers got a good laugh out of it. As I'm sure marathon onlookers do when they see something decidedly pointy sticking out the front of my shorts when I tuck my water bottle down there come 22 miles.

Oh the joys. At least a hat does hide your identity somewhat...

No comments: