Tuesday 27 October 2009

Tuesday 27/10 - No run today

I didn't manage to get out a run today unfortunately, but glad the weather wasn't on my side anyway! What is it like? I can't believe it has been raining like this so much, it's horrible. I was in work today but left at 3pm as I needed to go sort out some stuff in the village. Ended up forgetting all the documents I needed to take to the post office (d'oh!) though so the trip was a little unworthwhile. I got in and it was getting dark so I changed into some comfy clothes and then got started doing some work for the Higher I'm doing through open learning. Was also filling out some documentation and ended up having a dominos pizza for dinner (was meant to be going out)... I'm not sure what stance runners have on pizzas...are they considered carbs? I had about half a vege delight and half a box of potato wedges. I didn't feel partiuclarly energetic (the exact opposite, in fact) afterwards, so decided to head up to bed and just relax.

Moral of the story is...do runs BEFORE pizza dinners =D


Monday 26/10


Time: 27mins 20secs
Distance: 3.37miles
Pace: 8.20 min/mile (8.03, 8.35, 8.30)




Still not sure if the Nike+ is working properly yet...and I don't actually know how to replace the battery! Uh oh. The chart looks awful...evenly paced. This isn;t my normal running style. Ah well, I will monitor the problem and see what happens!

Also, out this run something weird/annoying happened. As I was running back through the village, I saw some young girls ahead. Now normally I'd be thinking "Damn", as I usually get stuff shouted at me out running at night (do they have nothing better to look at?!) But I saw all these girls were dressed in army gear - they looked like they were in the t.a or something. So I felt a bit better. Ran past them, without looking at them but they all turned and looked at me. As I moved away I heard some things being shouted, so I turned my music off and heard them shouting stuff like "look at her" (Unfortunately in a very unimpressed/derogatory way). I turned back around to see one of them doing impressions of somebody running in a really stupid, stupid way (i.e. legs and arms flaling all over the place)

Now, I'm fairly sure I don't run like that (I'm sure a good friend would have told me by now if I did) so I can only presume they were taking the piss. Excuse my french, but people like that annoy the h*ll out of me. Seriously, what was funny? The only thing that MAY have been funny about me at that point in time was that I PERHAPS had a visible pant line (hey, it's pitch black, who've I to look good for?) So me being me, of course, slowed down substantially and yelled back to them "SERIOUSLY, what age ARE you girls?"

That shut them up ( =D ) they looked at one another and I tutted before running away (a lot more speedily than before, may I add...there were 6 of them and they were in the army for goodness' sake!) I was shocked though - I would not have expected that kind of juivenile behaviour from those girls. Just goes to show, people can be eejits!

No comments: