Thursday 29 October 2009

Weather, urgh!

I don't think I'm going to be able to go out a run today unfortunately! I'm not long in from a short day at work, but have to finish some stuff online before going to get the train to Inverness this evening. Ordinarily I would make time for a run, but this weather is appalling! This sounds very sad, too, but I have my hair in a plait so that it'll be nice and curly later...if I go outside it's going to get soaked and all my efforts will be for nothing! ( My hair is naturally long and very straight...it's nice to have it curly once in a while!)

Ok now that little very sad, girly excuse is out the way I'm back to work (though thinking about wearing a shower cap out a quick run ;D )Anyway, last night's run follows.

Wednesday 28/10

Distance: 6.59miles
Time: 53min 26 secs
Pace: 8.10min/mile (9.00, 8.18, 8.33, 8.41, 7.46, 7.20)


Maybe my Nike+ battery is ok after all...I do think this is exactly the pacing during that run. There was a huge dip in the middle as I ran a big, gradual downhill to (effectively) the bottom of our area, then had to run all the way back. I did take a detour in the middle though so I wasn't doing a big gradual uphill back, so that I could go to the highest point (which is a bit out the way of my house) but then run back down from there. That doesn't really make sense reading it over, but it does in my head!

No comments: