Saturday 3 October 2009

Relaxation

As I type this I am chilling out in Inverness before the marathon tomorrow. Planning on going to pick up my race number later, have a nice coffee and chillax some more. I think it's really going to be a case of playing it by ear. I built my mileage up quite nicely but after the 20.95mile run a few weeks ago I kind of let my long runs slide, so will just have to wait and see what kind of effect that has. Will be meeting the guys from the Scottish Veterans Residencies at the end and my boyfriend will be en-route hopefully, taking photos, providing general cheer etc. I hear there are over 7000 people running this year so should be good!

Feelings at the moment: a little nervous, excited and craving some caffeine =D

Anyway, my runs for last week are as follows:

Friday 2/10

Type: Short
Distance: 2.65miles
Pace: 8.20min/mile

A really good run in the west end just before I went to get the bus to inverness. When I did get to bus station (around 4pm) the 4pm bus hadn't showed,so when 4.30pm came around and our bus arrived there were about over 100 people waiting at our stance! When the bus did show up though she called the people only going to Inverness and Perth - oh yes! We were one of the first on! What luck.

Wednesday 30/9

Type: Short fast
Distance: 3.4miles
Pace: 8.15min/mile

Felt good on this run, but didn't want to go too far. A lot of people I come in close proximity to every day (inlcuding the 2 girls I work with and my little sister) have developed a flu (of the swine nature?) of late and I'm trying hard not to try my immune system too much this next week. Taking zinc tablets regularly and lots of vitamin C!

Tuesday 29/9

Type: Short
Distance: 2.8miles
Pace: 8.40min/mile

Just loosening my legs up on this one really, though felt I could have ran fine after the long run on Sunday.

No comments: