Monday 28 September 2009

Sunday 27/9

Type: Long
Time: 1hr 40mins
Distance: 11.4miles
Pace: approx 8.55min/mile

I really enjoyed this run today. I was dreading it a little since the weather was throughly miserable when I woke up. Had loads of cereal and a huge bowl of porridge then headed out early afternoon. I did a few laps of the estate then went onto the WHW towards the Beech Tree. Luckily it didn't rain at all, and I managed to keep up a good pace the whole way, even increasing towards the end.

My boyfriend and cycling buddy had decided to meet me on their bikes, but left a bit of time after I started so that they could cycle fast and catch up with me at some point along the WHW. Well...fool to them for leaving so much time! I reached the Beech Tree about 40mins before them! Ok, so one of them did get a flat tyre, but even then when he text I would have still been at the Beech Tree just as they were reaching me. And the superior sport is....

Also would like to say a massive congrats to John Kynaston who finished what sounded like a pretty difficult race on Sunday!

No comments: