Saturday 26 September 2009

Friday 25/9

Type: Speedy
Distance: 3.93miles
Pace: 8.09min/mile

That's it! The dissertation was handed in yesterday at about 4.25pm (deadline 4.30pm!!) After weeks of doing it, including some intensive typing sessions over the past week it is in. I'm glad, but already beginning to feel the anti-climax of the course being (pretty much) over! After I handed it in I chatted to a professor for a while, bought some food for a nice celebratory dinner, had a nutty cereal bar and headed out this run. I was very tired, and hadn't eaten much, so had psyched myself for a hard run, but this was brilliant! Kept a good pace as seen in my chart:



Other runs this week:

Wednesday 24/9

Type: Longsh steady
Distance: 5.7miles
Pace: splits roughly 8.25min/mile, 8.40min/mile

This run was really hard. I was really tired after and had to stop twice during it. Kind of annoying, but I'm sure it was just due to the stress of my project. It was all I thought about during the run, and mostly what I thought about after too. It's so strange how having a lot on your mind really drains you physically as well as mentally. Seriously, I thought I was losing my mind and actually considered whether or not I would be able to complete the marathon during this run! Of course, I know I can do it...it's just a case of playing it by ear as to what time I get.

Tuesday 22/9

Type: Easy
Distance: 4.10miles
Pace: 8.25min/mile

This was the run I was dreading doing, but it was actually ok. Good pace and felt ok afterwards, kind of refreshed actually!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done on getting your project done and keeping up the running! You're a superstar! x