Saturday 5 September 2009

Saturday 5/9

Type: Easy
Distance: 2.79miles
Pace: 8.24min/mile

Just an easy one before the half marathon tomorrow, though ended up being faster than expected. I was busy doing Uni work too, so wanted to get back and do that. As it so happens, I managed to get a lot of work done...finished a chapter and started another one.

I've just been messing about with my Nike+ thing online, it's actually pretty neat. It monitors exactly when you slow down, when you speed up, when you play your power song (yes, that's what it's called - the tune that gets the hairs standing up on the back of your arms!!)
Here is an example from my 17/18 miler at the weekend past.



As you can see, I'm not the most consistent pacer in the world! I always dwindle a little in the middle and then pick the pace up at the end. It's ok for training runs but I worry it'll be my downfall in achieving pb marathon and half marathon times...Oh well. Off to watch a film (The Fall...very good, beautifully acted!), have some smarties and get an early night before the Great Scottish Run tomorrow.

Wish me luck!

No comments: