Saturday 12 September 2009

Saturday 12/9

Type: Long
Time: ~ 3hrs 10mins
Distance: 21 miles
Pace: ~9.30min/mile (including walkingna few times)

After a comment left on my last post (thank you, Davie), I decided to try a new route, so went along West Highland Way from near Carbeth to the main road leading to Killearn, then ran down that road back to Stockiemuir Rd, and then along a track road ultimately heading towards Dumbarton. Better explained here:

The run went well I felt, for the first 16 or so miles (despite having to walk up a few hills). Then, however, I think the hills started to kick in. The heel of my right foot has always given me problems, and it was really sore this time - so much that I had to walk more than I would have liked.

Ultimately, I thought when I did run, I kept a good pace (roughly 9.15min/mile, right at the end too) but the walking was the big annoyance. Plus my Nike+ thing konked out on me at the very end so I can't even see my speed chart thing! At the end of the day I'm glad I covered the distance but am kicking myself (not literally - that would hurt) for pushing myself at the start when my heel wasn't so bad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you put in a solid effort there, well done! My favourite part is when I stopped and ate junk food while you kept running up he road. x

Derek