Friday 11 September 2009

Thursday 10/9

Thursday 10/9
Type: Speeds
Distance: 5.4km (3.36miles)

I warmed up for 800m then did 1k @ 8min/mile, 7.45min/mile, 7.25min/mile (with 400m jog recoveries) plus a 800m cool down

This was done on the treadmill, admittedly, but I did keep the incline up for most of it (bar 400m) which I felt quite good about. In addition, I forgot my ipod...so I did it without any music. Outside, this wouldn't be a problem...but on a treadmill? Not so fun. The run though was good and I felt very pleased! I went and did the muscle machines after - abductor/adductor (ie, the machine where you have to spread your legs apart to a room full of people....losing dignity slightly...though makes you feel the need to keep pulling those pads towards one another...hence working the muscles....hence giving you a good incentive to keep going!)

Ah the joys of being an active person =D

Tuesday 8/9
Distance: 3.85miles
Pace: 8.22min/mile

This was meant to be an easy run but it really wasn't! My inner thighs for some reason were incredibly tight after the GSR on Sunday...It's not really happened before so I didn't want to push it too hard. It was raining like crazy when I did this run, right after a job interview. It really helped to clear my head before I started my Uni work, though it definitely wasn't easy!

I used to think that my easy run pace was roughly 8.50min/mile...but latelly it has been faster...I'm at a loss wondering why this is? Am I getting faster? I don't think so!!

If I compare this to the elevation though....similarities?

No comments: