Tuesday 22 September 2009

Monday 21/9 and strangeness...

I still wasn't feeling great yesterday, and was working during the day (taking a day off from doing my project...still doing it all night!) so decided to go to the gym for a little gentle work out in the morning. I did the ellicptical cross trainer for twenty mins or so then played about on the weight machines. I really enjoy those machines! It's crazy how much more strength I get out of my legs than my scronny wee arms though...anyone watching my whole body work out must think I'm seriously out of proportion! So it was a good work out anyway....even if I did eat roughly 1/4 tub of minature heroes when I got into work (curse free sweets!).

So that was all fair and well, and after work I went home, had dinner and worked on my project until about midnight. I slept well last night, in fact I was in a very deep sleep with some seriously weird dreams. When I woke up this morning, however, I felt very strange. I'm still really tired (despite having a sneaky 9 hours sleep), and I seem to be in a bit of a daze. I really have to focus on my dissertation, which I'm ok with....but the thought of going out a run later is really worrying me. I don't know why! I don't know whether it's because I'm frightened I'll have another bad one like on Saturday, or because I feel I might have stuffed up my marathon training (having done only a few 17+ mile runs)...or maybe I feel guilty about taking time off work, I don't know.

If anyone can advise I would be seriously appreciative, because it's kind of depressing. I was planning on going out a fairly steady 4 miler, nothing too tough at all! But I just can't motivate myself to do it. And then when I think to the weekend, and doing a long run then I think "oh man..." but when I remember the project will be handed in by then and I'll be free as a bird, it's not so bad. Maybe that's the issue then, I don't know.

For now, anyway, I'm back to visit my old friend Word and our mutual friend Excel. Come to think of it maybe I am dehydrated...how else could I have just said that?

No comments: