Sunday 15 November 2009

Sunday 15/11

Haven't been on here for a while as I've been pretty busy - it all seems to be happening at once! Got a start date for my new job (end of the month), got a new laptop (It's so fast!!), finishing off at my part time job and was away in Leeds this weekend for a friend's 50th. Travelled down on the Friday with Derek and my sister and met up with my parents who were already down there. Was a great weekend.

On Saturday we looked at a David Hockney exhibit and ate at the "Salts Diner". I'm not sure whether I can say with all honesty I like Hockney's work. It's a bit simplistic for my tastes. I know that's maybe the appeal, but as an artist myself (not to sound too pretentious) but I feel I could do something much nicer myself! Anyway, was nice to spend the day out as a family for a change. We are normally too busy caught up in our own lives to get together and do something like that. Had a lovely meal that night too. I did miss doing a run today but I have to say it was nice to be able to have too non-carb meals - mexican and indian - on weekend nights without having to worry about being under fuelled for a run the next day!

So here's the runs for the week:

Friday 13/11

Distance: 3.55miles
Time: ~28mins
Pace: ~8min/mile

Same route as last 2 runs - through woods at the back of the estate and down main road to the other woods. Did this with Derek just before we drove to Leeds. The heavens opened towards the end though!

Wednesday 11/11

Distance: 3.55miles
Time: ~29mins
Pace: ~8.25 min/mile

Same run as yesterday - I do love this route! It's just nice enough for a short run and you can speed right up on the main road at the end. (Cheating slightly as it's a downhill...)

Tuesday 10/11


Distance: 3.55miles
Time: ~30mins
Pace: ~8.40 min/mile

Did this slowly as I just wanted to keep my legs loose after the run yesterday, plus the weather was pretty terrible for the past wee while.

No comments: