Thursday 26 November 2009

Thursday 26/11

Distance: 2.45miles
Pace: 8.05min/mile

Have been in Inverness for the past few days for a wee holiday. Think I'm getting over a slight cold so was just taking it easy. Had a great time - the weather wasn't nearly as bad up there. It's insane here!

This was just a wee run I did when I got back from the train station today. Wanted to go through the woods but it was getting dark really quickly so couldn't really go too far. Tried to keep as fast a pace as possible.

Also ran into the school kids coming out. Was bashed in the shoulder by some walking towards me. Seriously - are teenagers inherently rude? I don't want to make sweeping generalisations but I'm fairly sure at 16/17/18 years old if I was walking 4 abreast on a narrow pavement I would have moved to let someone past who was walking towards me. Any trouble I have had while running (besides some stupid dogs and their owners) has been with teenage children. And I call them children because I think only a child would lack the common courtesy I witnessed today. Doesn't help that I get so angered by it that I generally say something which always surprises them...shouldn't let them get to me I s'pose. Is it just me or does this happen to many runners? I'd hate to think I look that vulnerable! (:

No comments: