Sunday 22 November 2009

Sunday 22/11

Time: 1hr 6mins 30secs
Distance: 8.1miles
Pace: 8.11min/mile (~8.20/8.00 split)

What a fantastic run! Woke up really late (I hate doing that) and did some work then headed out mid afternoon and just went as far as I felt. Ran through the woods around my estate then onto WHW and up to waterworks and back via the village. Saw lots of walkers and cyclists out which was nice. Got back just in time though as it got REALLY dark suddenly and did begin raining quite badly.

Adding to my "list of top-class songs" I have another which would be in top 10 probably, at least top 20.



This song is so incredibly sad, if you actually listen to the lyrics they cry out solitude and a broken heart. Despite that, I think the song is quite uplifting in a way - each of the instruments adds something and I think violins will make any song stand out. Enjoy!!

Friday 20/11

Time: 56mins
Distance: 6.35miles
Pace: 8.45min/mile

This turned out to be very exciting. I ran along the path at the back of Murray Park - the Rangers training ground. Normally there is a little stream which runs alongside the path but due to the presistant rain over the past few days, the river had completely burst its banks! Add to that, the field on the other side of the little path is at the bottom of a huge grassy hill with a road at the top. The water had built up so high in the field that the little path was no more than about 2m gap along the middle of the two floods.

To be honest, it was quite dangerous in retrospect as they were both pretty deep. They did, however, cross at one point and I had to take of my shoes and socks and wade across a fairly deep puddle. I warned some walkers I met at the other end but they seemed to be having none of it. Perhaps they thought I was exaggerating but there's no way you could get past without being almost knee-deep in muddy water. Oh the excitement.

Add to that, on Wednesday I was driving on Maryhill Road. Oh my - did anybody else see that flood past Garscube roundabout?? I drove into it and had to completely re-think my actions. The broken down car at the other end did nothing for my confidence, and I can rememeber a mechanic once telling me that his sister wrote off the engine of a brand new Merc by speeding through a deep puddle.

So, of course, me being the spoon I am put on my reverse light and hoped those behind me (everyone was in the outer lane of the carriageway) would accomodate. Luckily a white van man had stopped quite far back and I reversed back onto the other side. I couldn't belive all the people driving through the puddle! If they'd stopped in the middle and opened their doors the car would have been flooded with water, that's how bad it was. I sat there for a while and then merged back into the flow.

Whether it's legal or not I bumped up onto the central reservation and drove past it. All the cars behind me did likewise which i felt quite proud of =D What a nightmare! Though it was pretty fun, I must admit!

No comments: