Friday 9 April 2010

Friday 9/4 - WHW Balmaha to Milngavie

Time: 3hrs 35mins
Distance: ~19.5 miles

Had a half day at work today and practically skipped out the door to get home and have some toast before I ran. My mum dropped me in Balmaha in the forest car park and I just headed back over Conic Hill. Didn't manage to run up the steep side, I must say, but I did walk up pretty fast.

The run down was really good, and I was listening to my Scott Mills Daily podcasts the whole way! They're hilarious. Been keeping me company on my runs for years! Check them out at:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/mills/

Anyway the run was good, although my heel was terribly sore and did get to be a real pain come 2 hours into the run. I did walk up one or two of the hills outside Drymen and also the big uphill on the Carbeth part of the WHW. Also met my mum and dad out walking at the Khyber Pass which was a nice surprise.

When I got to that point the pain in my heel didn't really seem like such a big issue anymore and I really sped up. Finished my run just north of the village where my car was parked with some Rolos (mmmmm) and cold water, but I probably could have kept on going to be honest. I'm really pleased with the effort I put into this and I'm so happy. Was a great one!

1 comment:

John Kynaston said...

Good run Christine.

I'm running Milngavie to Balmaha tomorrow (Sunday) morning.

Hope the weather is as good for us.