Wednesday 14 April 2010

Tuesday 13/4

Time: 1hr 35mins
Distance: ~9.65miles
Pace: ~9.45min/mile

When I got home from work today my dad was raring to go a run, and despite only wanting to do 5/6 steady miles I gave in and headed out the route I took on Sunday. It was a nice night but the sunshine quickly disappeared to leave a very cold wind in its place! My arms were flipping freezing as we climbed up towards the waterworks.

We did this at a fairly slow pace, as my dad was conscious of wanting to get in quite a few miles to prove he would be able to do it ok on Sunday. Plus, to be honest, by the end I was absolutely starving. I'd gone out straight from work with very little to eat at lunch, and nothing to eat when I got in. I was also REALLY tired. There is most definitely a correlation between increase in mileage over a stretch of time and no. hours sleep needed.

Anyway got in and stuffed my face with all sorts of delights...food is all I was thinking about for the last 2-3 miles!! All in all a good run and nice running with Dad. I think this week I will do a little speed session on Thursday if I have time and then a steady 5-6 miler on Friday. Have a half day, a woo hoo!!

No comments: