Wednesday 7 April 2010

Wednesday 7/4

Type: Hill Sprints
Distance: ~4.7 miles

1.8 mile jog then 9x30 sec hill sprints then jog recovery with 1x30 sec hill sprint at end.

Good, solid sprints tonight. Some young boys congregated round about the bottom of the hill I sprint up, so I crossed the road. One of them then came across and asked me how far I'd run! It was quite funny, really. And I just explained that I was trying to run up the hill as hard as I could but wasn't doing that well. That was fairly true. I kept the recovery time down between the sprints which was great, but I don't think I went as fast as I could have. Was really tired though, and could feel my heel twinging.

In other news, my dad is swithering about running the half marathon next weekend. He doesn't think he's done enough training to run the whole thing, but I'm trying to convince him he'll be fine. He managed one year to hobble round with what was probably a hamstring strain (if not a tear!) so I think he'd manage it, even if he had to walk a little. We will see. I hope he does, we always have a great time going through to Edinburgh together!

No comments: