Sunday 11 April 2010

Sunday 11/4

Time: 1hr 10 mins
Distance: ~8.2miles
Pace: ~8.45min/mile

Headed out with dad about midday to make the most of the beautiful weather! It's so gorgeous I had such a fantastic run! My dad had already been out and done about 4.5 miles (he's putting in a last minute effort for the half a week today) and he joined me for about 4miles of this run. I then veered away from him back along the WHW up towards the Drumclog car park and then ran round the waterworks. There were loads of walkers out and the sky was blue as anything, views on the way up to the waterworks too were great.

Ran round there then the road home. Met Derek on the way back who was cycling into the West End to get his bike fixed. Was slightly jealous he was going to be out in the sunshine all day but my legs were a little sore when I stretched them...not so bad considering I've done a fair wee stint of running within 48 hours.

Going to sit out in the sunshine this afternoon and chillax with some friends. I have also had a notion to run the Bristol Half Marathon in September. My friend said he would do it with me, but it does mean that I'd either need to choose between Glasgow Half (the week before) and the Bristol Half...since I really should be doing a 20+ miler in prep for Loch Ness marathon one of those weeks...or should I run both? Advice very much appreciated as I'm really stuck with this!!

No comments: