Wednesday 21 April 2010

Wednesday 21/4

Time: 53mins
Distance: 6.4 miles
Pace: ~2.6miles easy, 1.4mile sprints, 2.4miles easy

Have been very tired of late, so decided to go into work a bit later today and do an early morning run after a bit of a lie in. Headed out about 7.45am (it's a massive lie in for me!!) and ran up to the waterworks. I know I'm meant to be doing some sprints and tempo runs to do well in the marathon but you know, I am just so tired some days I can't bring myself to do them.

Last night I got al l ready to go a run and then basically couldn't really keep my eyes open...so after a few reassuring words from my other half (don't run if you don't want to, one day won't make a difference, kind of thing) ... I decided to forget it. Today's run was good, I must say. The sprints were really easy and I didn't push myself as I should have, I just love the view from the waterworks, especially in the sunshine.

Plus, the physio told me I have an inflammed achilles tendon because of the change of running shoes, so I'm conscious that my heel gets sorer on hill sprints and when I run faster. I want to do a long run on Friday so will now just rest until then.

A friend at work's brother is running the Fling on Saturday. My friend has been talking about it a lot and I have been sorely tempted to give it a go but alas, I won't. Too much talk and not enough training I think. I love the idea, but the reality is a different ball game. Uch, maybe one day I will do something like that but I need more than 2 weeks notice before I do!!

No comments: