Sunday 14 September 2008

Sunday 14/9


Type: Long
Time: 3hrs 2mins
Distance: 20.2 miles
Pace: 9.05 m/m

I'd been dreaming about this run all night...not in a good way though! I woke feeling completely sick, because in my dream I'd been on a fairground ride which made me sick. Had a nice bowl of porridge, but some tunes on my ipod then went out. I went slowly and steadily at first, but completely lagged in the middle. It's strange, becuase at about 16miles I found inspiration again and was completely looking forward to the hills! It was quite hilly at about 16 miles, but I had to stop half way up. I saw a cow next to me and we just kind of looked at one another for a moment...then I started to run up the hill again.

The cow overtook me.

How humiliating. Anyway, finished this run feeling nicely refreshed, with a sandwich from tesco waiting. And consequently didn't stop eating the rest of the day. Next week's long run will be in Inverness on the marathon route, then I'm hoping to do a short 10/11 miler before the marathon. Got more sponsorship today too!

I compared my long run profile with the profile of Loch Ness. I don't think it's very accurate, as the Loch Ness course drops from over 500ft to 200 or so, where my elevation does have a few steep hills, the overall ascent and descent is a lot lower. I'm happy with the overall elevation though, especially the hill at 16miles which I gave my best shot!










No comments: