Tuesday 9 September 2008

Sunday 7/9 - Great Scottish Run

Type: Half Marathon
Time: 1hr 47mins
Distance: 13.1miles

Well.....this year's half marathon was good! Started off with my friend Gregor though lost him after a mile. Kept a steady pace and didn't slow at all for 11 miles...roughly 8.27m/m pace. However, when I reached mile 11 and saw the time was 1hr 31, I realised I'd have to push it to get 1hr 45 (which was my goal). So I really kicked up the pace, and did the last 2.1miles at about 8 m/m pace. I was so pleased with that, as I don't usually run at that pace, but unfortunatley I picked up the pace a little late and just missed 1hr 45. I was a little gutted but still really pleased!

My muscles were pretty sore afterwards, mostly my quads. Gregor did fantastically, finishing in 1hr 35! Well done to him - his first half. I'd also like to say a thank you to my boyfriend who, after me making us late and gregor and I just jumping out the car at George square, drove the car, parked it, walked about town and came to meet me at the finish. What a sweetie.

Feeling good about Loch Ness now!

2 comments:

John Kynaston said...

Good run xtine! I didn't enjoy the race as much (see blog).

Recover well and I'll look out for you at Loch Ness!

John

Anonymous said...

Anonymous agrees that your boyfriend is indeed a sweetie