Saturday 15 September 2007

Friday 14/09

Type: Alternating
Time: 47mins
Distance: 5.38miles
Rating: 8

23mins13 - 2.7miles - 8.35m/m
12mins - 1.35miles - 8.55m/m
9mins10 - 1.08miles - 8.30m/m
2mins10 - 0.3miles - 8.55m/m

This run was very tough, I hadn't had enough sleep the night before and I've also been a little stressed, so have lost my appetite. I was very much up for this session though half way out I really started to feel the toughness. Also, I'm not sure but I think I have a mental scarring about the road I was running on! See, it's a flat road and about 2miles long, but I'm absolutely positive that it slopes upwards. I start out with the best of intentions but once I get out about 1/2mile I'm absolutely exhausted and need to stop. It doesn't happen on any other road...and this one seems to be completely flat too! What's with that?

I think I've been pushing it a bit recently, especially with the gym sessions so I think I'm going to take a little break this weekend, maybe into next week too. I have a few things planned, and I'd like to settle back down into my routine before I have a run which is so tough it puts me off.

No comments: