Tuesday 11 September 2007

Friday 7/09 (Run 2)

Type: Steady
Time: 29mins
Distance: 3.4miles
Pace: 8.31m/m
Rating: 3

This run was absolutely fantastic! I ran really late at night before joining my dad and some friends for a well earned drink (and by drink I mean cup of tea, haha) I didn't have a route in mind when I headed out - I just strapped the reflectives on and headed down the road. I like running when there's no traffic because I love to run on the roads (keeping an eye out obviously)
The reason this run was so easy, I've deduced, is because I had my dinner about an hour and a half before I went out. Pasta, quorn dippers (kind of like chicken dippers but...well...made with quorn) and beans. So I think I had a good mix of things in there and it really did fuel me. I think that's maybe why I struggle on some of my morning runs - because I don't eat late enough the night before...so consequently I've no energy when I actually do run. I'll need to test this theory.

I've also become obsessed with this song which I think I must've mistakenly put on my ipod - "Charlotte" by Air Traffic. It's brilliant! It came on just as I was sprinting up a hill and I swear it kept me going. I was so shocked at how fast I went during most of this run - for once I think I actually kept the pace the whole way through, which made that cup of tea afterwards all the more satisfying...

No comments: