Sunday 2 September 2007

Saturday 1/09

Type: Easy
Time: 30mins23secs
Distance: 3.4miles
Pace: 8.56m/m
Rating: 3.5

This was just an easy run because I was travelling on Friday, so didn't get a chance to run. I wanted to loosen up my legs so I headed out after having had a little nap after shopping with my mum. We got a flat tyre and my mum was so awesome in changing it! We had it done in next to no time at all, despite my dad's telephone instructions including the words "see if there are any men around who can help you"...tskkkk. I was so proud of my mum, though a bit disappointed because the only people who stopped and offered to help were a woman and her kids. It was really funny actually because my mum and I were stamping on the spanner thing to unscrew the nuts, and the woman who came up to us said "let me have a go, I can add another stone onto that weight!" It was really funny, and she actually did get them all unscrewed.
So that as a little traumatic and I needed a little nap before I ran, naturally. When I got out I went as slow as possible, though this pace was actually faster than I thought.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"are there any men around?" hahaha what advice!

Anonymous said...

Your father sounds a wise and intelligent man. I'm sure his comments were not meant to disparage women. Merely that most men are heavier and could loosen the wheel nuts more easily than you delicate little flowers :o)

xtine said...

Haha, you rock dad xxx p.s (yeah right =P )