Friday 7 September 2007

Friday 7/09

Type: Easy
Time: 26mins40secs
Distance: 3.17miles
Pace: 8.25m/m
Rating: 5

PLUS 2mins14secs - 0.28miles - 7.58m/m uphill run.

I thought it might be fun if I began to record my times for the hill at the end of the run. I wasn't actually planning to run the whole way up, I was going to take the early turn off to my house but then 2 postal workers crossed the road and, not that I try to impress people or anything, but I just kept bolting up and on. My breaths were burning in my lungs afterwards, however I felt great. It's nice sometimes to just play things by ear - just go where you want and run as fast as you want without any planned destination in mind. I wasn't even planning on running today but I woke up at 3.30am and couldn't get back to sleep (I dreamt I was trying to hold a shark still which got away from me into my bed) I finally did get back to sleep and was planning a lie in but I woke up at 8am and was wide awake, so set out for a wee easy run.

I went to see Run, Fatboy, Run last night. It was fantastic! Although highly unrealistic...I mean, I did months of training for the Edinburgh Marathon and - okay fair enough I ran the whole way, didn't limp on a sprained ankle - but still, I found it bloody hard!! Okay, beingway too critical here. Excellent film. Even more excellent when your friend keeps turning to you every minute of the film going "is that really how it feels?" or "why the f**k do you do that, man?"
Ah she doesn't get it, but she rocks nonetheless.

No comments: