Wednesday 5 September 2007

Wednesday 5/09

Type: Steady/Easy
Time: 43mins
Distance: 4.85miles
Rating: 6.5

29mins40 - 3.33miles - 8.54m/m (then a 3minute stop to stretch)
5mins50 - 0.70miles - 8.20m/m
7mins20 - 0.85miles - 8.37m/m
Wanted to keep this an easy run, though my speed did creep up in the middle. Felt a little tight after 2 days rest so really think the stretch helped, and I managed to do it in the middle of a wooded area where little rabbits were bobbing about and stuff. It was cool. The start of this run also included the woodlands where I used to finish all my long runs, except I ran it backwards (not physically, obviously). Also passed a few dogs which I kept my eye on constantly! Luckily though, their owners called them all back to them...apart from the one dog which wouldn't be called back because it was so interested in eating the dirt at the side of the river...I really, really want a kitten for my 21st birthday but I've been warned I'm not allowed one until I move out. That's not so good at all.

Anyway, I've been looking for my next race, I think I've been bitten by the bug! I'd love to do another half marathon in a couple of months and really push myself to beat 1hr45. And I've been thinking about my next marathon. I want to apply for London, but truthfully, I'm not sure it's at the right time. It would be at the very start of my exams, so I don't know if that would be better than doing the Edinburgh marathon during my exams...I know that the running would give me a bit of time to myself from the studying, but I'm not sure if I could get the balance quite right. I'd love to do another big marathon somewhere where there's amazing scenery - both town and country, but I'll need to look into that a bit more.

No comments: