Tuesday 19 August 2008

Saturday 9/8

Type: Long
Time: 2hours
Distance: 13.5 miles
Pace: ~9.10 m/m

This was a great long run. Was pretty rainy which wasn't fantastic, but it kept me cool. I ran out towards Torrance and back via McDonalds in Milngavie, where I stopped for water. I got some weird looks entering McDonalds to ask for tap water on a Saturday afternoon! The problem in the run arose at the big hill just after McDonalds. It was really the only difficulty, my legs were tired so I had to stop half way up and walk. It's not so much that this is a long hill, but it's fairly steep at some points. There's always people walking half way up too, which kind of spurs you on to keep running!!
I always run up the long, winding hill at the end of most of my runs though, so I'm hoping that this stands me in good ground for the hill at 17miles of Loch Ness. We'll see....

No comments: