Sunday 3 August 2008

Saturday 2/8

Type: Long
Time: 1hr 30mins
Distance: 10.40 miles
Pace: 8.55 m/m

I think the first 3 miles of this run were done at a slower pace than the last 7ish, so the average pacing is a bit off. It was a gloriously sunny day today, I'd spent the morning at the opticians who was letting me try out contact lenses. He's a runner himself, and he pointed out that I'm doing what is, perhaps one of the most scenic marathons in Scotland and I won't be able to see very much beyond the runners in front of me!
It's true, I'm quite short sighted, and I never wear my glasses out running and it's a shame as I miss the details of the scenery I run amongst. Today's run was focused out in the country which was fantastic. I managed a new route with a sharp ascent, though I did get lost half way and had to stop for 5mins waiting for a phonecall with directions!!!

By the end of the run I was feeling great, though I thought I shouldn't push it, so stuck with the ten miler. Didn't have too much to eat straight after, but was out at a party where the buffet was welcomed that night!!!!

No comments: